Hello, my friends. I know the world is full of chaos and madness and craziness right now with the coronavirus. Multiple cities and countries have gone under lockdown/quarantine and I want to start this post by saying that I am safe and doing well. My family is okay and we are praying for everyone who’s being affected by this pandemic. It’s a scary time for everyone, which is why I thought I’d give you guys a lighthearted and happy vibe post. There’s gonna be flash fiction, a list of things to do to keep yourself feeling happy, and even a blog tag! So without any further ado, let’s go.
Mystery Blogger Award
The rules for this tag are relatively simple…
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Thank you, Jenna Terese, for letting me steal this lovely tag.)
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Thank you, Okoto Enigmas. I tried to tag you, but the account is showing as suspended 😦 )
- Answer the five questions you were asked.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- You have to nominate ten-twenty people. (Lol, we’ll see if I can even name that many people.)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs. (I tagged everyone in this post, so I’m not doing this cause I’m hecka lazy.)
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
What’s something you like that others may think is weird?
Um…maybe the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer? I know that’s more of a controversial thing, not a weird thing, but I really don’t know. I’d have to think about this for a while to come up with a more legitimate answer. *shrugs*
What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
Can we please just take a second to appreciate this question? It’s such a great way to practice self-love and positive self-talk because you’re actually a really cool human. ❤
I think my favorite thing about myself is that I’m a fiercely loyal and loving friend. I care really hard for people and I’ll fight for you until I stop breathing because I believe every single person is worth fighting for. And this includes the people I haven’t seen in years. If we drift apart or have a falling out, please know that I still care about you. I still think about you (probably daily) and I really do wish you all the best. I hope you do all the things you said you wanted to and I hope you find everything you’re looking for out in this big, beautiful world.
What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written?
My favorite post on this blog is definitely dear little writer. I wrote it at the end of last year and I was in a really bad place about my writing. I’d had someone rip apart my self-confidence in my ability to write well and I wrote what I needed to hear…and while that post never gained a ton of traction, it’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
What’s your dream vacation destination?
Hogwarts. Isn’t that everyone’s dream vacation destination??? *lives life believing everything revolves around the Wizarding World*
Weird one: if your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants…are your pants tucked into your shirt? 😛
This question makes me really uncomfortable, so can I’m gonna just say no?
Three Things about Me that You Definitely didn’t Already Know…
- Bree Dawn is not my real name. It’s actually a pen name. 😉
- I’ve never read a horror novel. I’d like to give it a shot someday, but as of right now, I’ve never been brave enough.
- I’m notorious for spilling water, so whenever I’m at home, I drink from a cup with a lid.
The Nominee Questions
- What popular thing can you not stand?
- Have you ever been to a concert? If so, spill the story. If not, what would be your dream concert?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? This question was so good we have to keep it going!
- Without any context, describe your feelings about the book you’re reading with a GIF.
- The Weird One: What would be the first five things you would pack if you were going on an adventure to the world of the last tv show you watched?
I slip my backpack off my shoulders. The tiny daisies and insignificant blades reach out to me, like I’m within their gravitational pull. People are everywhere: some walking by in a casual stroll, others running to catch up with their friends, and still there are those who ride past on their skateboards. But the yearning is too strong.
I succumb without attempting to fight it.
I set my backpack against a tree and lay down. The freshly cut grass tickles my arms and I close my eyes. The sun shines through my eyelids.
When I was little, I would lay in a meadow by my house for hours. I was a quiet child. My parents thought I would grow out of my shyness and become more extroverted in middle school. I didn’t. My closest friends have always been Moon, Sun, Stars, and Planets. They understand me unlike anyone I’ve ever known. They’ve always been there, peeking out around the clouds. Sometimes Moon is shy too. I wonder if Moon’s parents thought she’d grow out of it too?
“What are you doing?”
I open one eye and squint into the sunshine. Adam Shomer leans over beside me, his tall figure casting a shadow on the ground beside me.
“Laying on the grass,” I reply. “What are you doing?”
He shifts his weight as he slips off his backpack. “Wondering why you’re about to fall asleep when we have class in…” he trails off, looking at his watch, “seven minutes.”
I close my eyes again and rest my hands on the ground behind my head. “What’s the rush? We still have seven minutes.”
“Well, now it’s six.”
My lips curl into a smirk. “You know he never starts on time and besides, it’s not every day that we have weather like this.”
Adam doesn’t say anything, but I hear him lay down next to me. We rest in peace for a lingering moment.
“See, now isn’t this nice?”
He snickers. “Sure, but we still have to go to class.”
I open my eyes and hold my hand in the air. My watch says 3:27. “Not for another three minutes.”
Adam sighs. “Yeah, well, unlike some people, I don’t wanna be late.” He stands up and stares at me.
I stare back with no intention of moving.
His footsteps fade into the others around us and I close my eyes once more, soaking in every second of my remaining two minutes of freedom.
To wrap-up this giant post of confetti and sprinkles, here’s a small list of things you can do to feel safe, calm, and hopeful:
- Light a scented candle.
- Take a long shower with your favorite playlist on in the background. This also works with a nice bubble bath.
- Remember what God says about uncertainty. Some good verses are Psalm 62:6, Isaiah 41:10, 1 Peter 5:7, and Matthew 28:20. DM me if you want/need more. ❤
- Skype, facetime, or call your best friend. Create a group chat for your besties. Collab and write a book with your writer frens. Send everyone memes.
- Go listen to “While I Wait” by Lincoln Brewster or “Heart Stops Beating” by Joshua Micah. Two very different vibes, but both are beautiful songs that will definitely make you feel better.
- Binge watch/read your favorite series or trilogy.
- Clear your head by journaling in your cute notebook or journal. Use your favorite gel pen. Doodle in the corner around your thoughts. Tape a polaroid of you with your friends to the other page.
- Make a cup of your comfort drink.
- Take a nap. Go to bed earlier than usual tonight.
- Spend some quality time with your family. Have a game night. Watch your favorite tv show together. Sing karaoke. Have an impromptu dance party.
What do you love most about yourself, lovely? Do you like laying on the grass in the sunshine? How are you staying calm and safe amidst the craziness? Feel free to link your favorite/best blog posts for all of us to read, connect, and spread the love while we’re practicing social distancing. <3<3<3
Stay alive, everyone. I love you.